Method of engagement
Enabling safe whistleblowing in relation to asset recovery cases.
- Act as a spokesperson for/represent/facilitate the reporting by whistleblowers.
- Raise public awareness through media and other communication channels when a whistleblower is, or is at risk of being, mistreated/his protections are not being respected.
- Provide advice to potential whistleblowers about risks and available protections.
- Ensure you are familiar with the relevant legal framework on the protection rights guaranteed to whistleblowers.
- Verify the information provided by whistleblowers as best possible.
- Establish a network of knowledgeable and trusted lawyers who can provide (pro bono) legal assistance to potential whistleblowers.
- Tracing Illegal Assets - A Practitioner's Guide. Basel Institute on Governance, 2015. Available in Arabic, Bulgarian, English, Spanish, Ukrainian. For Russian and Thai, see: Tracing Stolen Assets - A Practitioner's Handbook. Basel Institute on Governance, 2009.
- Exposing the Invisible: Obtaining Evidence
Modifié le: lundi 3 août 2020, 11:48